promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What would America be like today if our ancestors had never forced African people into slavery?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Bryan
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

There would probably be relatively few black people in the US. The South would probably not had an economy based on cotton and likely would have been poorer than it was in reality. At least until mechanical devices made harvesting cotton more economical.

Or, another possibility (depending on government policy) might have been bringing in poor latin americans to harvest cotton. If so, they probably would have been treated as second class citizens and there probably would have been various ways to keep them tied to the land such unfair loans, share cropping etc.

• Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

There were slaves in Europe too. For a short time. Today many African refugees flock to Europe. So not so true.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

Blacks would be a much smaller % of our country and our state rights would not have been ruined by the civil war, hence our constitution would be much stronger today, and in return so would our country.

• 1 year ago

Slavery was a tradition on the African continent long before America was even discovered.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

No Negroes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

African slaves were sold as slaves by their own people to white shipping merchants for export.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Not an expert on giving a straight answer but a typical man always expects a typical answer David.

• 1 year ago

I think there would be less contradictions in the everyday life, less crime.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Far... FAR... better.

... side note - did you know that the first American slave owner... the very first.... was Black?

• shawnn1 year agoReport

There where many slave owners in the south, over 3000 slaves where owned by black slave owners.

• 1 year ago

Since my ancestors forced NO ONE into slavery, I can't really imagine it. Of course, none of my relatives were from any African countries, either.

• 1 year ago

americas ancestors didnt force africans into slavery.

• This is a ******* like and you know this bigot

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.