promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What color curtains should i buy for my living room?

My carpet is chocolate brown and i have a sectional beige couch

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

it's nice to have options with any windows what work for our house is white mini blinds, add white sheers in between outer drapes of you prefer. with the white sheers in the middle, you can adjust how much light/privacy you want or pull them open or adjust the mini blind. works great in the winter to have more light.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • I care
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Wine or burgundy seems to blend well with these colors...….the curtains can be pattern if your furniture is basic color. Pick up these colors for curtains. Remember wall pieces will also add color to each room. good luck on this journey it is lots of fun.

• 1 year ago

I often ask my clients where they like to vacation and what is their favorite season of the year.

In your case, if you told me you loved the ocean, I would suggest you consider adding shades of blue which is wide open for all shades from sky blue to turquoise or from teal blue to cobalt blue, with accents of coral. If you loved the fall season, then I would suggest the fall colors of the changing leaves in shades of sage green, rusty oranges and reds with touches of golden yellow.

Typically people feel most comfortable in places where they are most comfortable, places that evoke feelings of happiness. You can make your home give you those feelings.

Go shopping. Buy a few things you love, regardless if they match one another or not. Bring them home and test them in your space. This simple step can help you with your color inspiration and may surprise you into liking something you would normally not like or make you question what you thought you did like. Seeing things in your room is the best visual aid. Keep tags on everything and save receipts for easy returns. Just buy what you like and keep what you love once you see it in your house.

When buying curtains you have two things to consider: light and privacy. Windows can be covered from the top of the window,down or from the sides to the middle of the window. Consider if you want to spend money on drapery hardware or window shades. Consider custom curtains or order an extra drapery panel to use to cover an ottoman or for pillows on the couch for a cohesive look. Look at images of rooms with a beige couch (pinterest.com) to get some inspirational ideas.

Good luck, you can do this.

• 1 year ago

Agreed with myfavouritelucy! Don't be afraid of injecting an accent color you love. Things like curtains, pillows, and wall art can add a pop of color without being overwhelming. If you want to keep it calm, stick with some tones rather than tints. Those would be maroon, brick red, deep blue, etc. If you want more energy, some bright colors like teal, stark white, yellow (not too neon), etc... There are some great color schemes on pinterest!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

those are pretty neutral, you can really use any color, or something like white curtains banded in brown and (blue) and a second color--what is your favorite color? what do you see when you look out the window (colors predominate?). Curtains can be more than just a hang pair, and can get pretty fancy with multiple colors and treatments. YOu might want to look at a few pics.

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
  • 1 year ago

You need to inject some warmth into the colour scheme, otherwise it will be really drab and depressing... some orange and red accents.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Something with some orange in it. Like tan curtains with orange flowers/stripes

• glcang
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

White

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.