My younger brother snuck out. My parents don’t know he’s gone. Is this something I should tell my parents?

I’m 15. I have a brother who is 13. Tonight I woke up in the middle of the night and was having a hard time falling back asleep so I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. While I was there, I saw my younger brother dressed like he was going out somewhere. It was about 1 am so I asked what he was doing awake and dressed. He told me that he was going to see a girl and he was just about to head out. I told him he should stay home because it was way past curfew. He left anyways. I don’t really know what I should do. I feel like this is something that, if I don’t tell my parents and they find out I knew, I could get in a lot of trouble. I’m kind of tired so I was thinking that maybe I should just tell them that way they can figure it out and I can go back to bed instead of waiting up for my brother to be sure that he’s ok. What do you all think?

• Linda
    1 year ago

TELL YOUR PARENTS - NOW!

1 year ago

Being 13 and out and about is way too young.

Don't tell your parents yet but give him a warning

• 1 year ago

Hell yea somebody could kill him because of all the knife crime at night

• Hannah
    1 year ago

Yes, tell your parents. He's only 13. Anything could happen. He isn't even old enough to drive, which means he'd be out walking in the middle of the night and someone could abduct him. This is a dangerous situation, and your parents need to know immediately.

• 1 year ago

Of course you tell them. Your 13-year-brother is out unsupervised in the middle of the night. Why WOULDN'T you tell them? Would you rather he be mad at you or dead?

• No, talk to your brother first. Let him know that's dangerous and not Cool. Give him a warning that you'll tell if he does it Again.

• 1 year ago

No 13 year old should be out in the middle of the night- bad things happen.

You should have told your parents immediately - not because you would be in trouble if you didn't, but because you care about your brother's safety. As the older guy, you should know this is dangerous, and there are good reasons it is forbidden.

If you didn't, I hope you're grounded for a very long time.

• Noah1 year agoReport

I did tell my parents last night. They were able to call my brother and tell him he needed to come home. I didn’t get in any trouble or anything, but my brother did.

• Suzy Q
    1 year ago

A 13 year old roaming the streets in the middle of the night is DEFINITELY something his parents needing to be told about.

• audrey
    1 year ago

He will never forgive you. He will make your life h*ll for the rest of your teen years.

• Edna
      1 year agoReport

It's not anything compared to the hell his parents are going to give his 13-year-old brother - which his brother completely deserves. .

• 1 year ago

Better a live brother who's pissed than a dead one who never got the chance.

Go wake your parents up.

Have them tell him they got up and discovered him missing if they will. Tell them no matter what.