Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 months ago

Do tires matter?

45 Answers

Relevance
  • Neil
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Yes. Without them, your car has no connection with the road, so no traction, no cornering and no braking.

Buy the best you can, cornering and braking are important safety concerns.

• Zheia
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

The price goes up with inflation.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Nah drive on the rim

• zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Are you brain died or what?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

With some cars, more than others. With all cars, yes, because it’s point of contact between this multi-ton hunk of hurtling metal and planet earth, the two should be on friendly terms And in this type of friendship ‘friction’ is actually a good thing

• 8 months ago

If you can't afford new tires, get a set from a junkyard. I always find best and branded tires in junkyard with only $7.

• 8 months ago

DUH

• 8 months ago

Yes. Depends on how you want to drive your vehicle. I have wasted so much money on the wrong tires. I raced SCCA for 4 yrs. I tried all kinds of tires. When I switched to road racing I bought 4 slicks...no tread. Welcome to a new world. I should have bought them to begin with. I bought tires for my 4x4, I got something between a mud and a street tire, they sucked on both. Tires a a tough choice. Give some more info on what you drive and how you drive it.... someone may have some good advice.

• Phil M
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

All car parts matter.

• 8 months ago

Yes, having the right tires on your car affect safety, durability, ride comfort, road noise, and driving performance.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.