Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 months ago

Do tires matter?

• Neil

Yes. Without them, your car has no connection with the road, so no traction, no cornering and no braking.

Buy the best you can, cornering and braking are important safety concerns.

• Zheia

The price goes up with inflation.

Nah drive on the rim

• zipper

Are you brain died or what?

With some cars, more than others. With all cars, yes, because it’s point of contact between this multi-ton hunk of hurtling metal and planet earth, the two should be on friendly terms And in this type of friendship ‘friction’ is actually a good thing

If you can't afford new tires, get a set from a junkyard. I always find best and branded tires in junkyard with only $7.

DUH

Yes. Depends on how you want to drive your vehicle. I have wasted so much money on the wrong tires. I raced SCCA for 4 yrs. I tried all kinds of tires. When I switched to road racing I bought 4 slicks...no tread. Welcome to a new world. I should have bought them to begin with. I bought tires for my 4x4, I got something between a mud and a street tire, they sucked on both. Tires a a tough choice. Give some more info on what you drive and how you drive it.... someone may have some good advice.

• Phil M

All car parts matter.

Yes, having the right tires on your car affect safety, durability, ride comfort, road noise, and driving performance.