Anonymous

Yes or no: Thank you cards for job interviews?

In addition to thank you emails? I was told to send a thank you card a week after you have the interview so their name is fresh in your mind.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Best answer

It would not hurt

• 8 months ago

Yes because it never hurts to say thank you. I might suggest a thank letter briefly summarizing what you discussed and one or two points you want to sell yourself on. And of course, thank them for their time and consideration and state again your interest in the position. Write it as a business letter because it is to a business. Good luck!

• Erik
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No way. It won't affect whether you get the job or not.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

no, don't wait a week. Send the next day.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Absolutely not. And there is no reason to send a thank you email either.

You thank the interviewer at the end of the interview and then LEAVE IT ALONE. There is no need to thank them more than once. They haven't done you a personal favor and this is not a social event. They are doing their job which is to staff the business.

The ONLY reason people send thank-you messages is because they think it will help them get the job. These messages are COMPLETELY self-serving which in essence makes them come across as insincere and a total waste of the interviewer's time.

Thank you messages/notes went out of style 20 years ago. Whatever you've been reading is horribly out of date.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No!!!

• Helen
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No - it will not affect the outcome.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No

• 8 months ago

i would do it, you rnight get a job that way, wonder if i wouldve had a job if i did that

• 8 months ago

Yes, but only one or the other not both. I think hand-written cards leave a better impression than e-mails that can get lost.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.