Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 year ago

Is it worth being a teacher in America?

I am not American, I am French, here in France a teacher earns $ 93,000 a year, in the US the average teacher salary is $ 60,000 a year.

• 1 year ago

The information is incorrect. Average teacher salary in Paris is $43,800, in France overall is 33,000. The only counties where teachers make more than in US are Luxembourg, Switzerland and may be South Korea.

• 1 year ago

The salary varies greatly from region to region, state to state and even district to district. California and New York teachers can earn over 100k per year. I taught in Tampa, Florida; the highest teacher’s salary here is about 68K per year. But man the beaches are incredible.

Source(s): Retired public teacher, middle and high school.
    1 year ago

it depends on if you have any real skills to do something else?

anyone can teach because there is no required productivity level.

often teachers have no skills no degree more than liberal arts.

I was told my whole life (mom was a teacher)

"with my education I could make three times the money in a private sector job I make as a teacher"

HMMMMM

I asked what were these jobs? I want to get one!

she just got this blank look on her face

that would be $180,000.00 starting pay for 9 months a year and free medical and retirement kind of translates to over $200,000.00 a year....

there are no jobs hiring people with master degree in liberal arts who only ever taught second grade.

---------------

as teacher if 100% of your student end up on welfare never working,, you keep your job

if you worked on a assembly lines making cars and even 50% of the cars failed on exit ... you would loose your job.

• 1 year ago

It all depends where you teach.

• 1 year ago

irn not a teacher but i would think it is

1 year ago

Your figures are questionable. According to Google the salaries are comparable at around $45,000 per annum.

• 1 year ago

Depends upon where you are.

• M P A
    1 year ago

It looks as if you've answered your own question unless you wish to add something other than cash into your equation. You might wish to consider any differences in the cost of living between the two.

• .
    1 year ago

Well, your expected contribution to health insurance is usually lower compared to other jobs, you get summers off, and you can earn extra money by coaching or being a club advisor. So there's that.

• .
      1 year agoReport

A full-time K12 teachers in the USA must be offered basic health insurance.