Why don’t people understand that YOU NEED GENDER DYSPHORIA TO BE TRANS?

• Janet
    1 year ago

Recognizing that someone has gender dysphoria is not the same thing as resolving those issues and making them go away.

Everyone is just searching for happiness, for relief from dissatisfaction or even from abject misery. As long as their attempts are not damaging others, I don't care what they do. We all have the right to look for happiness as long as we are not causing harm.

Your need to judge others is just a way of trying to like yourself better. But it doesn't work any better than changing gender does.

• 1 year ago

My OPINION is without dysphoria, at least some of the time, how would you ever realize that you were trans? Without dysphoria, it would be more like, "Oh guys have it so much better, I wish I were a guy"? THAT is not being trans.

1 year ago

All you need to be trans is to identify as a gender other then what you were assigned at birth. Try not to be truscum ******** please. Thanks <3

1 year ago

Who expresses a lack of understanding on that notion?

• 1 year ago

Bad parents... They need bad parents.

1 year ago

Unfortunately, I believe you DO NOT need to have dysmoria to be transgender. Dysmoria is a medical condition; whoever has it should get help right away. Saying that every trans person has dysmoria is like saying every one of them should have a medical illness.

Of course, most trans people have dysmoria. Why? Because it what drives them to become trans. I'm a female, and yes I really wish I was a male, but I do not have dysmoria. Because I don't have a push factor (dysmoria) to transition, I'm not going to transition. For the first part, it is hard, difficult, and one does face a lot of criticism from it. Of course that doesn't mean that other people like me, who don't have dysmoria, wouldn't transition. It all depends on the person and what limitations they have. (For example: I have a very anti-lgbt family, if I was trans I'd be hated by them)

I hope you respect my opinion and take it into consideration. :)

1 year ago

Most people do, in fact, understand that. “Tucutes” (trans people who believe that you do not need dysphoria to be trans) are a vast, but vocal, minority of trans people.

You don’t need to have severe or constant dysphoria, but you DO need to have experienced some type of dysphoria. That’s literally part of the definition of being transgender.

Edit: Yep, Heathen, you do need some type of dysphoria, and tucutes are a minority. That’s reality.

• 1 year agoReport

nope sorry bro

1 year ago

Not necessarily.

Let me explain.

For many people gender dysphoria is not constant. People who haven't put the pieces of their puzzle together yet may not even realize they're trans yet. They may simply feel out of place, that they don't belong and they don't know why. Other people, even after they figure themselves out, can go into denial for years and even decades. People who transitioned young, had surgery young and then disappeared into society probably have very little (if any dysphoria).

Do they all have gender dysphoria at some time? Yes. But to say it is a MUST might be confusing to questioning folks who haven't really experienced it yet.

Last, I wouldn't get to wrapped up in judging others. People are responsible for their own actions and decisions. And if they're smart (in my opinion) they'll consult with a gender therapist, to make sure their head is on straight, before moving forward with transition.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)