Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 7 months ago

Hey Canadians, is it true that there is no sun in Canada?

When it isn't snowing, it's raining. And you guys seldom see the sun.

Well that's what a lot of non Canadians believe.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • There is sun in Canada. It's a sunny spring day where I am.

The non Canadians need to do some googling on Canada.

• 7 months ago

Not so. It tends to be wetter on the West coast for sure, but where we lived, in S.Ontario, we got tons of sun both in Winter and Summer. Spring and Fall were so brief as to be hardly noticed.

• 7 months ago

It's true. In fact, there's no sun anywhere on planet Earth. What we see as "the sun" is over 149 million kilometers away from the Earth, and we just see and are warmed by it distantly.

Hope that helps.

• No

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

In the spring and fall seasons (also known as still-winter and almost-winter), most of us forget what the sun looks like. In the winter and summer (also known as winter and road construction), however, we get lots of sun.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

It's spring as I write this (21 April, Easter Sunday, to be precise) in Calgary, & we have bright sun. This city generally gets the second-most hours of sunlight in the country.

• 7 months ago

Not even close. At the end of June, the sun is up 21 hours a day where I live, and I have lived in a place where it was up all the time in the summer.

The town I grew up in gets more sunshine hours than Miami, Florida.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yep. It turns black as you cross the border. Just joking. There is nothing nicer in the winter, and common, is a bright clear sky over crisp white snow. In the summer, well, most of us have central air conditioning.

• Christopher
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

Central air conditioning is rare to nonexistent in many places in Québec. Very few of my friends here in Montréal have it

• 7 months ago

Well that's what a lot of non Canadians believe.

There are Beiiebers and non Beliebers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJ0AzcznLU

Youtube thumbnail

• sam
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

in the summer, there 24 hours of daylight in the arctic.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Those non Canadians are incorrect.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.