Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 year ago

What "touching” is acceptable when interacting with a married man?

Lately I’ve realized my married colleague has a tendency of touching me when he speaks to me... by “touching” I mean a tap on the upper arm, shoulder or even on the knee and now he felt comfortable touching my low hanging necklace in order to flip it over. I don’t think that he does this with everyone and it isn’t cultural so I’m kinda wondering if this is normal...he hasn’t made any awkward comments or advances toward me so maybe it’s just being friendly?

• so
    1 year ago

If you're interested in him, touch him back. If he touches your knee, touch him above the knee. See how he reacts. It don't sound like he'd mind you touching him!

• Prince
    1 year ago

Short answer: no. Long answer: NO!

• 1 year ago

Shoulder or elbow to attract your attention, OK, though his hand shouldn't linger.

Touching anywhere in the area of your chest even for a micro-second is a TOTAL NO and at that point you should have backed away very fast and obviously.

• 1 year ago

None at all. He should not touch you at all. It's harassment.

• 1 year ago

I can see someone tapping your shoulder to get your attention--but not on the knee--never on the knee! and he shouldn't have reached out to flip your necklace--stand a little farther away from him.

1 year ago

Some people are more touchy-feely than others. Sounds like you are coming on to him.

• 1 year ago

he shouldnt be doing that at all, thats not norrnal

1 year ago

If this behavior common with all others that he interacts with I would say it isn’t a big deal. I suggest you not wear jewelry anymore.

• 1 year ago

Some people tap people on the arm when talking to them. My mother used to do this. It's annoying, but doesn't really mean anything. The necklace thing is different. He clearly hasn't gotten the message about inappropriate behavior. Biden is being pilloried for doing less. Next time, react by backing off, and maybe he'll get the message.

• 1 year ago

I think the necklace thing was a little much. I don't think any man should be flipping over your necklace. you may need to tell this guy to back it up just a bit. If you let it continue he may continue to other areas. Best of luck!