Need help finding a book I once read?

I need help finding a book that I read when I was a sophomore in high school which was oh about 11 years ago. I can’t remember the name, but I can remember bits and pieces about the book. It was about a kid named Harry who came from a town where everybody looked down on his family. He had an older sister whose name... show more I need help finding a book that I read when I was a sophomore in high school which was oh about 11 years ago. I can’t remember the name, but I can remember bits and pieces about the book. It was about a kid named Harry who came from a town where everybody looked down on his family. He had an older sister whose name was either Jane or June and she eventually ran away to get out of it but ended up coming back. Anyway, Harry finds a river but also sees that it is getting polluted by a factory. Every single time he tries to expose it, the townspeople stop him and turn against him. Eventually his father attacks him and beats him and his daughter (Harry’s sister) viciously. At the end, he decides that in the future he is going to run away. I think the name of the book had “river” and or “midnight” in the title. The synopsis on the back also said something along the lines of people in the city saying him and his family were no good. If anybody has any idea on what this book could be, PLEASE tell me.
1 answer 1