Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 year ago

I have a question about wifi?

I was wondering if there is any company where they offer the cheapest wifi. I have charter but it is bundled with television but it is too expensive--and I don't even watch tv. I only need wifi for my online homework. can someone please tell me how to get the cheapest wifi for my computer. I am a full-time student living alone and working part-time minimum wage so I need something cheap for meanwhile

• Shon
    1 year ago

Please look for any other connection or service provider.

• GTB
    1 year ago

check w Charter and see if they offer Internet Only service; if not check what other carriers are available (e.g. phone company DSL)

• BigE
    1 year ago

Any DSL tends to be cheaper, simply because they don't bundle, don't have tv or voice, etc.

You just add a broadband wifi router and you are set.

• SG
    1 year ago

Try ATT&T. It's good, and it's moderately priced.

• SRΛSC
    1 year ago

You'd have to check with the ISPs in your area & their rates for any internet only packages.

You are limited to those.

• Bill-M
    1 year ago

WIFI is just an extension of a Local Area Network. What your talking about bundled with television is NOT WIFI. It is CABLE. Cable Carries TV and the Internet and is the most common connection method in the U.S.A. Some places will offer Free WIFI to their customers. Restaurants and Hotel / Motels.

Another connection method is Fiber Optic Cable coming into your home. That is the Fastest type of connection. Another type of connections is ADSL which comes over a standard telephone line.

WIFI on it's own is NOT an Internet connection. All WIFI does is connect your device to a ROUTER/MODEM. That Router/Modem has to have a CABLE type connection.