promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 year ago

He's scared to get married again. He needs to be free. I was stuck in a unhappy 11 year relationship and I'm scared of being trapped?

Would it be okay to start a relationship with each other given that neither of us desires marriage at the end of it and both of us like each other?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

As long as you've both dealt with your emotional traumas from the past relationships it's perfectly fine to date longterm with no expectation of marriage. If things get serious though you will want to put some basic domestic partnership paperwork together for purposes of medical next of kin, etc.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Marriage, to be blunt, is an agreement between a man and a woman to start a family and raise children. If you don’t want kids, do not get married. It is that simple.

• 1 year ago

Many divorcees want nothing to do with marriage it is quite common to get involved with another and never venture down the marital path again. Overtime though many divorcees reach a point that they want to commit to another person they feel the desire to try again.

• 1 year ago

Sure. That's very common.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Its okay you'll either grow closer or distant. Don't have any kids.

• 1 year ago

You SOUND like a grown adult. Why are you asking permission???

• i + i
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Yes, of course it is okay. There is no rule

that says all relationships MUST head

towards marriage. What a silly idea.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.