My married lover won't meet unless sex is on the table?

I've been seeing a married man for 2 years now. Whenever I ask to meet just to be around each other, He doesn't outright refuse but he will give an excuse as to why he can't make it. He wanted to meet me today but I'm not in a mood for sex and just wanted someone to just talk to since I'm... show more I've been seeing a married man for 2 years now. Whenever I ask to meet just to be around each other, He doesn't outright refuse but he will give an excuse as to why he can't make it.

He wanted to meet me today but I'm not in a mood for sex and just wanted someone to just talk to since I'm dealing with other personal issues. Of course something came up and we can't meet. He always texts me and tell me how much he misses me and how he has fallen in love with me. But I don't understand why he won't see me unless sex is on the table?