4K - 34" at 60hz or 1440p - 27" at 144hz?

I currently have an Acer Predator 27" monitor with G-Sync, 1440p and running at 144hz. It can even be overclocked to 165hz. I use an Aorus GTX 1080TI videocard. I do play 3D shooters sometimes. Mostly Battlefield or GTA 5. But not that often. I used to have a 4K 40" screen, but that screen had a nasty... show more I currently have an Acer Predator 27" monitor with G-Sync, 1440p and running at 144hz. It can even be overclocked to 165hz. I use an Aorus GTX 1080TI videocard.

I do play 3D shooters sometimes. Mostly Battlefield or GTA 5. But not that often. I used to have a 4K 40" screen, but that screen had a nasty ghosting effect and with 40" it was actually too big for comfort.

But now recently I have been thinking again. I miss the big screen, the 4K resolution and I tend to care less about the hz. 60hz is more than enough. Everything above 60hz is only interesting for BF and GTA5, but that's it.

Still, some people say that after getting used to 144hz (although I most of the time I have set my monitor to 120hz) because of when I record the screen it's more compatible to upload to YouTube as 4K 60hz.

So what do you guys think? In normal use I don't notice that much of a difference.
1 answer 1