promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 year ago

I inhaled chlorine gas?

I was cleaning my bathroom on Monday around 5 pm and had mixed bleach and windex not knowing anything (I’m know very dumb). But I’m still here with the only things hurting is I get headaches pretty often and my throat hurts a bit then when I take a deep breath it hurts a tiny bit. It’s now Thursday at noon. Can something still happen or am I in the clear?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

    Please consult a legitimate medical practitioner, none of us (well, perhaps one or two) has legitimate insights supported by qualification, but I wouldn't risk it. Go to a doctor, and tell them what you told us.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

    First of all, what the HELL were you doing mixing stuff together?? that is just dangerous.

    As to if its dangerous or not, why didn't you call someone when it happened? Like your local ER and speak to a nurse?

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    You should have gone to the ER, but since you didn't, you should make an appointment with a pulmonologist (lung dr.) to check you breathing rate.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

    If you didn't pass out gasping or have terrible pains almost immediately, the worst is past. The chlorine formed hydrochloric acid in your lungs and throat. That causes the pain in both. But it probably wasn't enough to do lasting damage. But yes, you should see a doctor as quickly as possible.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    and you’re not dead yet?

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

    take a glass of milk to coat your throat every few hours until it stops hurting. then call your physician's office no later than tomorrow morning and tell them what you did and what current symptoms are [deep breath causes pain?]

    Source(s): grampa
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    You should see a doctor as chlorine can have serious effects.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

    If you are still having problems you need to see a doctor.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.