Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Atheists, if you suddenly found out that God is real, would you accept His free gift of eternal life, why or why not?

• 1 year ago

They already know about His free gift of eternal life, but it is love for sin which prevents sinners from coming to Jesus Christ for salvation...

• Doc
    1 year ago

Eternal life would become unbearable after time.you would lose all sense of identity, and joy, everything would become meaningless

1 year ago

It's not a "free gift". I'm going to hold a loaded gun to your head and say "love me or I'll shoot you". Make your choice. That is no different than what the Christian God does. I am superior to the Christian God even if it existed. I wouldn't torture someone because they didn't accept me. So, no, I wouldn't accept the conditional "gift".

• 1 year ago

And spend eternity kissing his AS$, no thanks.

• 1 year ago

"Free" doesn't come with the threat of eternal punishment. Extortion does.

God would need to tell me what he wants from me. There's no reason to believe the bible story is true.

• 1 year ago

First, it would have to convince me that it is indeed God and it would depend on what sort of God this is. Second, you're assuming this God would grant a "free gift" of eternal life. This God would have to communicate to me what an eternal life would encompass and whether or not I would be able to choose at any time to cease to exist.

1 year ago

That will not happen.

1 year ago

We don't constitute a group or organization. Why do you people think that atheists are ANTI-CHRISTIAN for instance? I don't get it. I do not want to comply with ridiculous religious doctrine from ANY SOURCE... with the possible exception of the PASTAFARIANS!

• 1 year ago

Why is it always YOUR particular god, and YOUR particular religion that's real, in all of these scenarios..?

Just something I have noticed, because it's pretty damn conspicuous. Speaking as a non-Abrahamic theist, who thinks Christianity is full of pure, unadulterated, despicably toxic SH*TE.

1 year ago

That's not going to happen.

• 1 year ago

If there was definitive proof God exists, I would accept that.