How can the atheism of the cishet white men be dismantled as an instrument of privilege?

The atheism of cishet white men is very different than that of Females, PoC, and LGBTQ+. The latter have a history of oppression which was justified by theological doctrine. For these groups, atheism is an answer to the unjust cruelty of theology and a means of liberation from their own oppression. They are born into an abuseful system, and some are unable to escape because of the forcefulness of this abuse.

For cishet white men, atheism is not an escape from the oppression of a privilege

imposing theological system but instead is a means of intellectual signaling and a form of degradation to abuse victims. This is the atheism of signaling their “superior logic” and “disbelief in fantasy”, while they don’t realize that, not being on the receiving end of theological abuse, their psyches are not encumbered to the abusing system in the same way as the victims. The attitude of cishet white atheism further humiliates and degrades minority victims of theology by turning their struggle against abuse into, as is endemic to their culture, a supremacy game which attempts to escape the notion that after death they may have to have one single consequence, unlike in life.

I think education is the key to this issue - but how would you propose solving this issue?

• 1 year ago

Atheism is just a disbelief in gods, whether it is the atheism of a cishet white man or of a trans-queer black woman. If you have issues with the way individuals express their atheism, I suggest you deal with those issues, rather than trying to associate them with other factors over which people have no control.

• Pyriform
      1 year agoReport

" You are in a position of power where your privilege and impact on society is invisible to you be cause it doesn’t negatively affect you."
      You assume a lot.

• 1 year ago

It can't be dismantled, because your entire rant is invalid.

• N/A
      1 year agoReport

How do?

• 1 year ago

Jw.org has many more answers

• 1 year ago

The best way to dismantle atheism, is to have testable, repeatable, consistent evidence of the existence of ANY God or Goddess.

The simplest way I can imagine, is for you to come up with TWO short payers, with the specific name of some God or Goddess.

Toss a dozen coins into the air, and notice that some land HEADS up, some TAILS.

Toss theem a few times, and note that the distribution is random.

Then say Prayer ONE, and toss them.

They ALL land HEADS UP.

Say Prayer TWO, toss them, and they ALL land TAILS up.

Every time.

Repeat the prayers, with the name of a DIFFERENT God or Goddess, and notice that, BECAUSE those OTHER Gods and Goddesses DO NOT EXIST, the distribution is again random.

if YOUR favorite God or Goddess does not have the POWER to nudge a few coins, chances are that He or She does not exist, either.

In which case, "ending atheism" is not an achievable goal.

• 1 year ago

Wow!!! This is, like, the WORST case of pseudo-intellectual SJW twaddle on steroids I have EVER seen in my life!! And that's speaking as a queer female. Who is also NOT an atheist, by the way.

THE only thing I can somewhat agree with you on..? Is that yes. I can see how atheism can be highly empowering to oppressed minorities, that have a long history of being treated like crap by Christians and Muslims. I guess it did feel that way to me, during my atheist years. Although I find my current personal, dogma averse, non-Abrahamic spirituality to be equally empowering. If not more so, in fact. Because it is ALSO saying "f*ck you" to this whole social notion that rationality is always preferable over ALL other modes of being, and experiencing! Which... I feel pretty darn good, as an emotionally / intuitively / experientially oriented woman, especially, rebelling against that junk. And also..? Doing my part in reclaiming the notion of spirituality, and divinity, from bigoted Christian zealots, who like to act as if they've got some kind of f*cking monopoly on it!

Then again, though..? It is NOT like all atheist white guys are these evil oppressors, who became atheists solely because they wanted to assert their dominance over people like me... That's bullsh*t! They became atheists because that was just simply what made the most sense to them. And the conclusion they arrived at, after researching these issues for themselves. Which... that must be respected!! You can't force people to believe in, or be, anything else than what they are. So.. it's just too f*cking bad! Like.. you could try to criticize straight people for supposedly playing into the oppression of LGBTQ people, just by virtue of being straight! But that doesn't change the fact that being straight was NOT their f*cking choice! Meaning, it makes NO sense to judge them for that, alone! Although it makes sense to judge people for homophobic behavior.

Likewise..? Most people don't get to CHOOSE what they believe in. And if straight, white men also just so happen to be atheists..? It's patently absurd to hate on them for that! Only thing we could maybe take them to task for..? Is if they DO indeed act like egocentric, privileged, arrogant intellectual snobs, who look down on ALL spiritual people, just simply for not agreeing with them! Which... atheists like that do exist. But FAR from all of them are!! In fact, most of the ones on here, I've found..? Including white, straight men..? Tend to be very accepting of me, because I am also accepting of them! And the rare few @ssholes that can't accept me, just simply because I disagree with them on the whole atheism thing..? I just simply IGNORE.

• N/A
      1 year agoReport

I don’t mean to minimize your experiences, but the reality of our western institutions remain

1 year ago

Justified by theological Doctrine is where your Fairy Tail Comes Alive isn't it

• N/A
      1 year agoReport

Your are so privileged you don’t even need to read

1 year ago

This is what happens when SJW ideology is taken too far and identity politics is encouraged.

Your question is nauseating.

Basic rule for success is working hard. If you do not believe in God, you are an atheist.

Rest of your question is garbage. How do you cultural marxists come up with crap like this ? Mind boggling.

@Jack in the comments --- More garbage coming from you. Wealth privilege is real. That is the only privilege that can be objectively measured. Everything else is crap churned out by people who study useless degrees like sociology and gender studies.

• N/A
      1 year agoReport

Sorry, your ignorance is enabled by your position of power. Being privileged you can think that everything you have is from hard work, while it isn’t. You benefit from a system set up for and by people like you which disadvantages others, who in turn must work even harder

• ..

1 year ago

The atheism of cishet white men is a lack of belief in god while the atheism of of females, PoC, and LGBTQ+ is a disbelief in god. Or is it the other way around? I keep forgetting which is which.

Hope that clears things up for you. Have a great day!

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Eff you so very much for assuming the worst of me when you don't know me. Have a great day!

1 year ago

Do your own homework.