Should I fight the school?

My daughter is a freshman in highschool and is on the track team. She is the only girl who competes in field events, in a very weak section. The team was told that 15 points on the season is required to letter. She has scored 17. She did not letter. Nepotism rules within the district and we are new. I have attended every meet and other kids who scored half of the points she has were given letters. My daughter had never missed a practice and was always the last to leave. I feel they are trying to get her out of the program because she is on the autism spectrum and is very odd. Part of me wants to make a huge deal out of it, or do I chalk it up to a life s not fair lesson

1 year ago

It's true that life's not fair, but leaving that aside, you should always fight for your rights. If kids who are not as good as her have been treated better, then it's pretty obvious we are talking about discrimination.

You don't have to make a big deal out of it, it's after all just a sports team, but don't let it be either. Politely demand an explanation for what is happening and if they fail to provide one you should try contacting their superiors.

• 1 year ago

Tell her to keep her beautiful head; you mom need to March in that school a beat somones ***

• 1 year ago

Your daughter has more rights than any of those other kids on the team. You go and fight for her rights!

• God
    1 year ago

I think I would make an appointment with the person in charge and ask him/her what gives? Your daughter met the requirements therefore she deserves the letter. I don't think I would make a big deal out of it until I got an explanation.

• Tulip
    1 year ago

Do I smell a troll?

• 1 year ago

Hell, no! It's that kind of attitude that has allowed racism, sexism, and other biased practices to flourish.

You not only have the right to protest, you have the duty, on behalf of your daughter and all the young athletes who might be affected in the future. If you feel that protesting is more than you can handle, find a person to speak for you--a teacher, a relative or a group.

1 year ago

i paid $500 k to get my kid on the rowing team.......signed aunt becky