Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 year ago

Is self employed do i tell anyone?

Currently im out of state on vacation but will return next week. Once i get back in a few days i will return to work but this job is more like working for myself. Its like uber where you work when and how long you want. Anyways this will be my first time being self employed so would i need to tell anyone like my bank or someone else? If it matters or not this is in Washington state.

• 1 year ago

no.

• zipper
    1 year ago

What is the big bad deal if they know that your self employed. Unless your a hooker, what are you afraid of?

• 1 year ago

No you don't have to tell anyone. But you will need to report your income to the IRS. If it's something like Uber, Lyft, Instacart, Amazon Flex....I could go on, you will get a 1099 at the end of the year. Getting a 1099 generally means the company also reports your income to the IRS, they just don't take out taxes.

Source(s): I've been a driver for all of these companies.
  • 1 year ago

Only the I.R.S.

You have to file an income tax return if your net earnings from self-employment were $400 or more. If your net earnings from self-employment were less than $400, you still have to file an income tax return if you meet any other filing requirement listed in the Form 1040 instructions so view the 1040 instruction section

All the best

• 1 year ago

If you believe your own question, you won't be self employed long enough to bother.

• Judy
    1 year ago

no

• 1 year ago

You don't have to tell anyone.

• You don't need to tell anyone in particular. But you do need to start paying estimated taxes. When you are employed, your employer withholds your taxes (and pitches in half of your social security payments). When you are self-employed, you pay all your taxes (and ALL of the social security) yourself and you are expected to pay it quarterly in even amounts.