Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 year ago

do you think there are a lot of weirdos these days?

recently I met a lot of friends of my dad because my dad is in a hospital.

One old guy around 70 (he is a district attorney), we gave him a bread sandwich. And there is a plastic wrap (not the paper one). Then I asked this guy "are you going to eat that bread, sir?"

he replied "I dont know how to open this..." (it was just a plastic wrap, you can just open it). then I tore the plastic wrap for this poor confused man. And I wonder if he is in good mental condition.

Another priest at our church also talked weird.....

I wonder why these men are weirdos.. what happened to them?

BTW my dad is 80 and I'm 40.... years old. I'm not confused with their mental stage.

"Did you not understand what he was saying or did you disagree with what he was saying?"

Neither..... I understood but he said a lot of weird things

weird in my definition, when someone is crazy and in a mental condition

• 1 year ago

that guy needs to go see a neurologist, he could have a problern thats rnaking hirn forget like that

• `
    1 year ago

Without knowing the medical history of either person, it's hard to comment on "what happened to them." As far as the seventy year old, he could have early onset Alzheimer's disease. As far as the priest, that could be his normal personality.

• 1 year ago

Important to remember, people engage with the world differently so what is perceived as weird for you, may make good sense to someone else. It is possible your Dad's friend was truly unable to take the plastic off the sandwich and in what context was the priest talking? Did you not understand what he was saying or did you disagree with what he was saying? When people behave in a way that is foreign to us, we often label them without further consideration. If someone suggested you were their definition of weird because of something you said or did, would you find this appropriate or would you rather they simply accept you?