Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Does this phrase sum up the average conservative?

"The world has changed around me, and that I no longer recognize what was once familiar fills me with resentment, fear, and anger."

Ah, the old "move the question to a different category" bit. Guess I'll just have to move it back.

• 1 year ago

I agree.

• Luke
      1 year agoReport

They are motivated by fear most of all

• NiJo
    1 year ago

Economics hasn't changed that much. Socialism still sucks.

1 year ago

No, the correct answer would be, "Whatever a libtard thinks, the opposite must be true."

1 year ago

I think so

• 1 year ago

Conservatives like traditional government and maintaining the status quo; that's true.

But liberals want to try something "new" like the New green Deal. Good luck with that !

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

The Green New Deal was so insane, even Democrats wouldn't own up to it. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

• 1 year ago

Absolutely. **** conservatives.

• Anthony1 year agoReport

Really convincing me that you're SO NOT rape-y perverted sexist little shits right there 🙄 (I'm being sarcastic BTW if you can't tell)

• RockIt
    1 year ago

The world has changed around me, and I've recognized this terrible scourge for decades known as progressive liberalism. I don't like it. I oppose it.

I recall a time when active debate was encouraged. I recall a time when facts mattered. I recall a time when people could disagree politically but were not judged morally.

The morality of the left is rooted in political judgments. Progressive liberals disagree with Conservatives and condemn them with horrific labels, hate filled rhetoric, and elimination of debate. This is awful. This is the scourge of progressive liberalism that destroys Democracy, that undermines the Bill of Rights, that undercuts, open debate, journalism, even comedy has been transformed into a Progressive liberal hate and rage platform. This is just a few of the ways progressive liberalism destroys brotherhood, civility, and pursuit of common good.

Its tragic for America.

• Killmouseky
      1 year agoReport

Awwww... wook at the poow widdle CON-cowards who love more than they love life to deride others & revel in their smugness, but who just can't take having it applied to them. Suicide is apparently painless. Why not give it a try & relieve your stress for all time?

1 year ago

Stop trying to force your ideology's upon us dick head

• Killmouseky
      1 year agoReport

Yeah, you don't want just the "head,". You want the whole shaft, don't you? Deep & often.

• .
    1 year ago

I believe it sums up some type of person you've known in your life.

But it says nothing of any conservative I've ever known.

• Killmouseky
      1 year agoReport

Fits like a glove to every one I've ever met, across decades.

• 1 year ago

The freedoms Americans have taken for granted are being eroded away by leftists who don't appreciate freedom, because freedom includes both the freedom to succeed and the freedom to fail.

The left wants to curtail freedom in a futile and childish attempt to curtail failure. But in attempting to do so, they give away the precious gift of opportunity...the very thing the American dream is made of.

SO YES, that which was once familiar being destroyed by the ignorant left fills me with resentment, fear and anger. Because the American Dream was forged with the blood of our founders, and I would prefer we not have to repeat a bloody conflict to regain the freedom the left is trying to sell in exchange for a few magic beans.

1 year ago

If that’s what helps you sleep at night, sure, assume that.