98 Lexus es300 suspension noise.?

Hi. I have a 1998 Lexus es300 and just replaced the rear trailing arm. Now it sounds like a golf ball is bouncing around on my trunk. It seems to happen I make slight turns or go up or down minor hills. I replaced the sway bar links, rear strut and strut hardware, and sway bar bushings on both sides of the rear. Only thing left back there is the rear lateral links. The noise is coming from the rear passenger side. Thank for responding.

1 year ago

could the muffler be loose ??? grab the tail pipe and see ...................

• Car1 year agoReport

This was indeed the problem. The problem I originally fixed was masking the sound the muffler was making. Once I fixed the other noise, this noise became easier to hear.

• 1 year ago

Find the golf ball and take it out.

• 1 year ago

Check the ball joint ,i was having this problem too

• Dan
    1 year ago

I agree with Rick, have a very close look at the exhaust for contact points near the back. Also, since you mentioned it, make sure there's nothing bouncing around in the trunk. Maybe the jack or handle?