Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 year ago

My Friend is Having Suicidal Thoughts?

One of my very best friends is currently having suicidal thoughts and me and my other good friends are very worried for her. I've known about her depression for a little over a year now, but this is the worst it's ever been. I've reached out to her many times and I do my best to help her but it just keeps getting worse and worse and now it's to the point where I'm extremely worried. Please, no trolls. Any advice is appreciated.

• 1 year ago

If she is distressed to the point of wanting to die, urge her to get help. Then, regardless of she feels about it, talk to a responsible adult. Don’t worry about ruining your friendship. By reporting the matter, you show that you’re a “true companion,” one who is “born for when there is distress.” (Proverbs 17:17) You may well save your friend's life!

• 1 year ago

The best thing you can do is just be by their side as much as possible. Treat them like a human being, do simple things together, don't be pushy about anything. I've been suicidal before, even hospitalized from it. Loneliness, even feeling alone, can make it so much worse. So don't ignore your friend, but don't be their doctor.

Just be their friend.

• Shon
    1 year ago

You can help her out by suggesting or surrounding her with happiness.

• 1 year ago

Peter Gore Seer,

Society Here In Britain Have Turned A Blind Eye As As The Gov To Mental Health, The Same Bull Is Being Publicised, You Cannot Get In Side There Heads, But To Be A Silent Partner, There Then They Don't Feel Alone, Its That Lonely Feeling When Death Rears Its Ugly Head,

• 1 year ago

It is good that you provide your friend with a good support system. Whatever the reason for your friend's suicidal feelings, having a discerning, sympathetic, and patient person to confide in may well make a difference to her. Encourage your friend to seek medical counseling by a mental health professional. Jesus Christ said: “Those who are strong do not need a physician, but those who ill do.” (Mark 2:17) Your friend needs to seek out a reputable physician who treats mood disorders such as depression. It is important to find out what resources are available to her for help—perhaps a suicide-prevention hotline or hospital emergency room. These are staffed by people who are trained to provide assistance. Besides medical help encourage your friend to take reasonable measures to care for her physical and mental health. For instance, eat wholesome meals, get sufficient sleep, and exercise regularly. Exercise releases chemicals that can lift her mood, increase her energy, and improve her sleep. It is also important that she take note of her spiritual need. Your friend can find comfort in prayer and Bible reading. By pouring out her heart to God in prayer she will find comfort. The Bible will help her to see that she is valuable in God’s eyes and that he really cares about her. Bible reading will also give her a positive view of the future. As the Creator, Jehovah God fully understands what your friend is going through and he is, therefore, able to supply needed support and comfort. You and your friend can be assured of the promise from Jehovah that the time will come when God will heal all illnesses, physical or mental. “No resident will say: ‘I am sick,’” says Isaiah 33:24. www.jw.org

• 1 year ago

call 911 or local emergency number

1 year ago

Tell her how much you love her

• Alfred
    1 year ago

please, find a decent, wise and effective way to let/ allow her closest available family exactly know what she's going through.

inasmuch as you fear she might try -in the short run- to hurt herself - call 911/ emergency services( obeying relevant laws in the relevant area/ country).

clearly explain to her/ persuade her to immediately get qualified, professional, mental health care -of a psychiatrist- in real life, in your area- with no further delay.

keep being there for her , physically and emotionally- that is,physical availability and emotional support- all the way....

• 1 year ago

hold hands with her and tell her that u and people cares about her.

she should see a therapist or get counseling about this.

• 1 year ago

Try to empathize with her. Tell her how much she means to you guys and how your lives will be impacted without her. Explain to her how your lives had changed when you guys met. Make her feel good and happy about herself!