promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 year ago

How do you get experience, if employers don't want someone without experience? tf?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Apply as an intern, a volunteer, or an apprentice. Go to a trade school, continuing education classes at night, or online courses.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

You STOP APPLYING at places where they want experience. Apply only to entry level jobs or where they advertise "no experience required". Otherwise, you are your own worst enemy - looking for failure.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 1 year ago

Sometimes you can find an employer that is willing to hire someone without experience.

Sometimes you have to do unpaid volunteer "work" for a charity just to gain experience so that you can get a paid job somewhere else later.

• M
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

We all go thru it once it starts you'll forget all about it. ITs just something that happens.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • nt
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

I hired a lot of people with no experience.

Others do everyday.

Wait, you want $15 an hour despite having no skills. LOL

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

you could try volunteering

• 1 year ago

You don’t apply to places that require experience. You qualify for a minimum wage job.....fast food, groceries, retail, laborer, landscaper helper.

Employers know experienced people generally are above minimum wage and are willing to hire the inexperienced. If hired learn all you can, even the functions outside your responsibilities, to broaden experience for advancement.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Camp, school, church.

• 1 year ago

No unskilled position is looking for someone with experience.

• Mirage
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Well for example if you volunteer at a nursing home, you deal with people so you can say that if you're applying for a job where you deal with people, if you are applying for a job that involves stocking shelves and lifting then if you worked on a farm then that's hard labor too. Or you can just have someone who knows the employer then you're in that way. But yeah I've heard the saying multiple times "How can I get experience for a job when I've never done it before?" "You have to start somewhere." But yeah your answer is "volunteering" and once you get one job then that's what you put on your resume.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.