Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 year ago

My daughter is 16 and still watches children shows. How do I get her to stop?

• GB
    1 year ago

Would you rather she was watching porn or violent movies?

• 1 year ago

Hey I am retired and never saw Sesame Street and Thomas the Train before and I watch it daily....I also have an MBA from one of the top schools in the country so watching children's show is very healthy !!!

• Tomalochk
      1 year agoReport

If you like those ...try family Guy and South Park !

• Ann
    1 year ago

Honey, if this is your greatest concern with your 16 year old, you have very little to worry about. Be thankful she's not hanging out on a street corner, playing video games or talking endlessly on a cell phone, or doing drugs. Kid shows are harmless, and they often teach life lessons in a subtle way. She'll quit watching them when she's ready.

• 1 year ago

If she still watches kids shows, I'd let her because trying to get her to stop or not allowing her is going to ruin your relationship in the future. I myself enjoy watching kids shows sometimes too because it makes me feel like a kid again but these are shows that I grew up with though. So therefore if she still watches kids shows I'd let her because It's not worth making a battle over and besides there are some shows that have adult humor in them or are more for adults then children. For example there was a show that aired in 2005 called Sunday Pants that was technically more of an adult comedy then a kids cartoon but it still aired on cartoon network. There are also shows like Braceface and As told by Ginger that were aimed more at teenagers then kids so not every animated show is aimed at kids or only at kids.

• edward
    1 year ago

I watch kids shows sometimes, just to get the basics. Working with kids 8 hours a day...you have to have something to talk about that they know

• 1 year ago

She is 16 years old if she wants to watch kid shows let her. It is better then being exposed to some of the filth TV that is out there. Also just cause it is animated does not mean it is a kid show. A lot of cartoons and shows on kid networks have adult content and are not actually made for children. Every time sponge bob is on the TV I cringe.

• 1 year ago

I'm 28 and I watch Paw Patrol. I got use to it with my 3 kid's that I watch it when my 2 are in school and my baby is sleeping.

• 1 year ago

I don't think that you should want her to stop .... there's quite a few really good shows to watch , she's not that old yet ..... South Park , Family Guy , American Dad are Great shows still worthy of her time .

• Helen
    1 year ago

You don't.

1 year ago

She doesn't need to stop. If this is the biggest problem you have with her you need to get over it. I'd be more concerned that you felt it necessary to come onto yahoo answers for something so benign. You need to learn what battles are worth picking with a teenager (if this is even a real situation).