Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 year ago

Why is my child’s father being so mean to me ?

So me and my daughters father split 2 years ago after I found out he was cheating. Right after that they were married. We both left the relationship with no love lost or hard feelings so I thought. I try to coparent with him but he’s always so angry with me or talks to me rudely when I don’t bother him. We barely communicate, I never call or text, I’m just not one of those typical child’s mothers who calls the father for no reason or always begging. So I’m trying to understand why he treat me as if I’m the one who left him and married a guy I was cheating with ( I wasn’t cheating by the way). Is their something that I’m missing or what could it be. I just don’t wanna have that type of vibe with him when we have to deal with each other until our child turns 18 and especially when I’ve done nothing wrong ? Any thoughts on why he may be mad or advice on what to do ?

• 1 year ago

He probably just associates you to a bad time in his life so every time he thinks or sees you he just has a negative reaction. Not your fault and there’s not much you can really do about it but hope he doesn’t make things difficult. Just continue being yourself and try not to let it bother you so much. Good luck

• 1 year ago

How are we supposed to know? I will never understand these questions. Do you really think we have a device that reads his minds? Anyone saying they have a motive is taking a complete stab in the dark.

Talk to HIM, not random strangers online. There's literally no point or goal in putting this in a public forum instead of addressing it with him.

• martin
    1 year ago

If you've found someone new to love, and he hasn't, that could explain the way he is. Work through this difficult time for the good of your children, and cooperate as much as possible.

• 1 year ago

Hes mad because he probably wants you back...or maybe he doesn't want any connection at all. Obviously hes not happy with the way things are now. He wants something big to change and clearly he hasnt told you what that is. He might not even know himself. Is it logical? No, but emotions rarely are.

1 year ago

You need to get over him. He cheated on, you don't care for you and likely never did, that is why he is mean to you. Take him to court, get child support and focus on your child. Forget him. Get some therapy to help you move on.

• I’ve moved on and he’s on child support

• Tulip
    1 year ago

What possible significance is this at this point other than drama?

• It’s hard to coparent that’s the significance