Daily contacts questions?

I had my eye exam today and was switched to daily’s after wearing monthly contacts for the past 15 years. I’m not overly thrilled at the additional cost but had a feeling it was coming as my doctor has been pushing it the past couple of years. He said something about inflammation around my cornea that is either... show more I had my eye exam today and was switched to daily’s after wearing monthly contacts for the past 15 years. I’m not overly thrilled at the additional cost but had a feeling it was coming as my doctor has been pushing it the past couple of years. He said something about inflammation around my cornea that is either from sleeping in contacts, wearing them over a month (both of which I do not do), or the contact being too steep. He said my cornea was flat and he said it would help with my struggling to read road signs as I didn’t have a change in my prescription. He put me in one-day acuvue moist because of the base curve. But I have a couple of questions I’m hoping someone on here can answer.

Will just changing base curve (I assume this is the shape?) really help my vision?

Will the inflammation heal or will this just prevent it from getting worse?

And looking online it looks like these come in 30 or 90 pack options which only adds up to 360 days and that’s assuming you never lose a lens. What do people do for the other days?

They only gave me 2 pair of trials as that is all they had, said they would get a couple more and call me to pick up hopefully tomorrow. I have some unused monthly lenses am I ok to wear those while I wait for my order to come in?

Thank you!