Are humans too adapted to technology to ever change global warming?

It occurred to me that to even remotely balance the environment, majority of society would basically have to live similar to the Amish.
Not to sound pessimistic, but I think it is hopeless as I seriously doubt majority people are willing to give up their current lifestyles for anything less.
Update: By technology, I just meant that we are too far advanced to go backwards or have the desire to do so. Aside from that point, I've done a lot of unbiased research on clean energy. While I think its a step in the right direction, the manufacturing/maintenance/and consumption required for it with the worlds... show more By technology, I just meant that we are too far advanced to go backwards or have the desire to do so.
Aside from that point, I've done a lot of unbiased research on clean energy. While I think its a step in the right direction, the manufacturing/maintenance/and consumption required for it with the worlds current population is still extremely detrimental in regards to pollution. Also, a lot of manufacturing for batteries, solar panels and such is still VERY dependent on fossil fuels.
Update 2: For the record, I do not believe humans are directly solely responsible for such huge climate shifts, but I do believe we contribute a lot to it. When scientists speak about this, I tend to believe them. Why? Because many scientists actually hate politics and don't care about red/blue controversy. They care... show more For the record, I do not believe humans are directly solely responsible for such huge climate shifts, but I do believe we contribute a lot to it. When scientists speak about this, I tend to believe them. Why? Because many scientists actually hate politics and don't care about red/blue controversy. They care about answers. Also, if you don't believe in climate change, then at least believe in the fact we are trashing our environment beyond repair. That is something everyone should care about