How can I get rid of this adware?

I have discovered I have the www1.ecleneue.com adware on my laptop. I want to get rid of it. I have been through an insane amount of tutorials on how to do so, and have tried several different antiviruses. If you Google a tutorial, I’ve most likely already been through it. No suspsicious content popping up in my Task Manager, no other IP addresses, no extensions in my Google Chrome (despite the ads always says Google Chrome). I have reset the browser, I have scanned through my registry; and nothing. I have tried Adaware, Avast, & Zemana full scans and not a single one has found anything. Many of the tutorials I’ve searched through recommend Spyware, but I’ve been unable to determine if they were just ads on the website or not. Can someone please help me? According to tutorials, this should be fairly simple to get rid of, but I literally haven’t found a single thing on my laptop. I don’t know what to do. Am I missing something from these tutorials or is there an antivirus that will ABSOLUTELY catch this adware and remove it? Thank you!

1 year ago

If it has a number ex. ww1 or www1 then its a virus of course

• 1 year ago
  • 1 year ago

Go to your settings and check all apps etc. until you find it then force stop it and make sure it is completely deleted from your computer

• keerok
    1 year ago

Most probably a persistent cookie. Download SearchMyFiles and use that to locate the file containing that address. Delete the file or the whole folder if necessary.

• $$$
    1 year ago

I could solve your problem, but I don't have your laptop. I think it would be easier if I removed your virus from your laptop than me explaining how you can do it yourself in detail, or you can try to find someone else who can do it, for you.

I won't bother googling a tutorial on how to remove your virus that's on your laptop. Because I already know how to get rid of it.

What you have on your computer is a web browser redirect virus.

• Bill-M
    1 year ago

ADWARE is not a Virus, so your anti-virus program will not detect it.

MALWAREBYTES will.

Download and install Malwarebytes. 15 day premium version trial then if you choose it will revert to Free Version.

• Enigma
    1 year ago

Looks like a web address. Go to your browsers settings and look what the web address is for both the startup and home page is and change it if it's that. If not,delete what ever program it came with, if any.

• 1 year ago

Malwarebytes should help you

• 1 year ago

you could try downloading adblock plus

1 year ago

give your HDD a good deep cleaning and throw-out all the cookies you find .................