How can I get cheaper rides with lyft ?

So it's cost me exactly $9.89 to and from work. I work 5 days a week and I wanted to know does anyone know a way that I can get a cheaper ride with lyft ? Iv'e tried referring friends and that only worked for so long please help guys any ideas ?

Also I have a car but it's currently getting repaired and the repairs are $1900 all together I set a payment plan with the repair company and I'll be able to get my car back May 22 I just need to take the lyft until then

Other than occasional, one time promotions and bonuses you are going to have to pay the cost of someone driving you where you want to go. That includes the costs of operating the vehicle, the cut Lyft Takes, and profit to make it worth the driver's time.

Its naturally going to cost more than driving your own vehicle because when you drive yourself you aren't paying a driver for their time and you aren't paying a middle man (in this case, the Lyft corporation) a service fee for connecting you with the driver.

You could ask friends, family, neighbors and coworkers if anyone drives a similar route and offer then $7 per day to drive you - effectively cutting out the middle man.

Or perhaps you should put the repair on a credit card or get a small personal loan to get your car back, and then use the money you save by not hiring lyft everyday to pay off the debt.

rnaybe you should get a bike or take the bus

Walk a few miles before you call them, that way you'll save money and get fit.

Lyft drivers charge what they need to to make a profit, they don't work for free.

• Scott

That's $100/week, $400/month. It might be cheaper to buy your own vehicle at that point.