I don't know what to do with my life I don't want to grow up?

Okay so like I'm 16 but I am really stressing about growing up and graduating and doing stuff with my life. I really like where I'm at right now and I don't want anything to change I want to live like this for the rest of my life but I can't because I'm going to have to get a job and like do something with my life.

Right now I'm a competitive dancer and I have been since I was 5 years old. I recently started going to a performing arts center and I LOVE it! I don't want to have to graduate and stop dancing and taking classes here I want to continue to go here it's basically my home and I am so happy for once in my life.

I was thinking I'd just do an online job but I don't know what to do! I am REALLY good at computer stuff and I would be great at like an online tech support job but I don't know how to start and like I've been training my whole life for dance so what's going to come of my dance career? I am also a digital artist and I've done commissions but that isn't a substantial job.

I'm stressing and I need help. If you know of a job that would be good for me please let me know because I need to do something. I am homeschooled so I have all morning which is different from most kids my age. I really want like a graphic design job or something because I'm also a semi-professional digital artist and I have experience with that kind of stuff. I just don't want to have to leave my house. Please help!!

please don't beat me up I'm just seeing if anyone has any good suggestions for a career path for me

Discover something you love to do, figure out a way to make money doing it, then you will never have to work a day in your life.

You love dancing, figure out how you can make enough money to survive dancing. You'll have nothing to worry about.

• Judy

Unless you're talented enough to become a professional dancer, you're going to have to change your expectations

You are ONLY 16 years old. You aren't supposed to know what you want to do with your life yet -- but you'll figure it out as time goes on. There is no escaping entering the real adult world. It's not the same care-free comfortable world you live in now with your parents, but most people learn to live in it as they get older and more mature in their thinking.

Who said you had to give up dance. Yes, you may have to give up where you are learning now, but that is probably inevitable since you will need the next level of education (one your arts center cannot probably provide). there are a number of colleges and universities that teach dance as a major and will teach you how to be better (let's be honest, a community arts center is not preparing you for a life in dance, maybe just local productions that don't pay).

As for online, probably not going to happen. Graphic designers are a dime a dozen and almost all of them do some freelancing on the Internet which makes competition for jobs very hard. Without a well-rounded portfolio (which you get from actually working in a job), you will not get many jobs as people will pick the more experienced artist.

Adulting is hard but we all have to do it.

Your 16 year old self is only for age 16. Moving into adulthood is going to happen no matter how much you drag your feet. The longer you resist, the bigger disadvantage you'll have.

How are you going to make a living and have a life if you "don't want to leave my house"? Besides if you are a semi-professional digital artist at 16 you don't need our help.

It is a shame that you have been home schooled. You would have many more opportunities in the regular school system. Maybe you can visit a high school and see if they can work you into some career planning.

When I was 16 , I wanted to get out of the house and experience the world. Hard to empathize with

• Andy C

Go to college to get a degree so you can get a job so you can afford to pursue your dancing.

Needs before wants.