Are there any types of bird food that mice don't like?

I don't think so. Birds tend to eat seeds and mice do too. When hungry mice will eat a wide variety of things.

A quick google search resulted in the following: "Mice are opportunistic omnivores and will eat both plant and animal based food. Wild mice will eat a wide variety of seeds, grains, and other plant material as well as invertebrates, small vertebrates and carrion."

• Hey_Irish

No wonder they've survived global cataclysms and been around for millennia, they eat everything, they're not picky, crafty buggers.

• james

Yes but not commercial. Little red coconuts they will not eat & some other seeds. This is do to the high level of arsnic in said seeds. But birds will eat them.

No. Mice eat anything. Pet mice tend to not like alfalfa pellets but wild, hungry mice will eat it, anyway.

I don't have a bird feeder to test this advice. However, I have read that birds cannot taste hot pepper but that all mammals can. The advice was to put powdered, very hot red pepper (I find that Thai varieties are genuinely hot and American versions are only mild at best) in the seeds. This is supposed to let the birds eat the seeds but mice and squirrels will stop. I cannot swear to this, because I had a mouse that ate some of my jalapenos I left on my counter top.

none that I know of ...........................

If you need to store bird food, put it into a lidded metal container, such as a popcorn tin. Mice cannot chew thru metals.

Mice will eat anything, even things we wouldn't consider edible at all. I have known them to eat crayons, candles, and makeup.

• Anon

They don't "eat" this stuff, just chew it. Like insulation on wires.

Mice will eat anything. You have to keep bird feeders out of reach of mice. Mine hangs from a tree on a wire so mice are unable to climb to it.