Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 year ago

My job keeps pushing me to get customers to sign up for credit cards with the store?

but it’s hard because the customers don’t want the credit cards ? Most customers want to get in and out and my job is depended on the sales we get from credit cards

• 1 year ago

Well, you have two options, I think: get a new job; or, go with the "you would really help me out personally if you would apply for one of our cards, sir or madam." Some folk will do it if they are directly helping a person.

• 1 year ago

Way you handle this depends on if your performance is graded by how many people sign up or not. If it's required that you get a certain % maybe speak to supervisor see if there's another position you would be more comfortable doing. If your performance isn't graded & just have to ask customer then Just ask nonchalantly making it apart of the small talk.

For example while ringing customer up " This is a beautiful scarf did you know we have a store credit card if you sign up you can buy alot more scarves like this!" *Laugh* and/or smile "would you be interested" they say no then move on.

I think the key would be getting it out and over with by time you are handing customer their receipt.

Are ther perks for signing up such as 10% off? Use them simply say something like " This is a really good price for this (brand) of cookware! (While ringing up next item say) Did you know if you sign up for our credit card you can get 10% off?" *Smile* " Would you like to sign up today?"

• Amanda1 year agoReport

I took a reservation job and was required to get a certain % of reservations and also required to ask if they wanted certain things on certain reservations and hated it but once I figured out how to include as if it was just part of the conversation or small talk it made it alot easier!

• 1 year ago

Ask yourself "can you cut the mustard?" if not then apply elsewhere

All the best

• 1 year ago

That’s just business for the most part

• 1 year ago

start applying elsewhere

• 1 year ago

Your job depends on selling cards...sell them of find another job...whats the issue?

• 1 year ago

It's not that big of a deal. People are asked about 50% of the time that they are in a store if you want to take a store credit card. Spend the 9 second and say:

Would you like to take a ____ card? It will save you __% off this purchase. You will also have access to exclusive sales and blah, blah, blah....

Then I say "no". Trust me.. I expect your itty bitty speech and it does not impact my ability to get in and out of your store.

1 year ago

...and your question is?

• keerok
    1 year ago

It's a job so just keep pushing. In the meantime, start looking for another job.

• David
    1 year ago

Find another job or black mail customers into wanting credit cards.