Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 year ago

why do kids allow their parents to take away their stuff?

in my house, there would be a fist fight. No one takes anything of mine

if any one broke in to my house and took somethng I could legally shoot them

I've actually been to juvi. It's not that bad. I met some new friends

theyre stuck with me until I turn 18 I am a minor

I have a job so the stuff I buy is mine

• 1 year ago

IN MY HOUSE you would have a desk, lamp a chair, and a bed in your room. YOU WOULD NOT HAVE A PHONE< COMPUTER< TV OR Anything you do not need to keep you alive... If you don't like it GET A JOB AND MOVE OUT..

• 1 year ago

Because my parents were the ones who bought all of my stuff. Ps3, ps4, xbox one, all Nintendo gaming consoles.. along with the games... they were not cheap and they have every right to take it from me if I still lived with them. Now, I'm 18 and they still have the consoles, and I dont live there. You need to respect your parents more. And if you feel like they disrespect you, sit down calmly and talk to them.

• 1 year ago

No kids just ALLOWS their parents to take their stuff away. In my case since I'm not strong enough to keep it from them I usually just outsmart them. Like stealing it back after they've "hidden" it or hiding if before they take it.

• 1 year ago

First of all, no, you can’t shoot someone for simply stealing your stuff. You must have a justifiable reason for shooting them. I.e, they were threatening your life and you needed defense.

Whether you like it or not, your parents are in charge of you, and if they don’t want you to have something, you don’t have it. Legally, your possessions are their possessions.

It sounds like you’re close to 18 as is considering you have a job, so try to just tough it out until you’re 18, and then you can have all the possession of whatever your parents are taking from you that you want

1 year ago

Yeah, keep that up and you'll end up in court- and juvenile detention.

Making threats of physical harm is a crime in itself.

Your parents legally have the right to restrict all of your life, and legally own everything you think you own, even if you went out and earned the money with which to buy it. EVERYTHING, until you are 18, at which time they are no longer obligated to feed, clothe, house, educate you, or take you to the doctor.

They legally own your phone, your xbox, and your designer underwear.

They can take any and all of it, and make you stay in the house.

So, big talk isn't going to get you anywhere.

• Otto1 year agoReport

It’s not “big talk”, it’s the truth. I could afford an iPhone in less than a month.

Also, I have a fetish for being locked up, so I wouldn’t mind that ;) Hopefully I’ll get raped by a cute guy in juvie and called a f*ggot.

1 year ago

Parents aren't stuck with kids - they're stuck with financially supporting them until 18. Yes, yes, there have been cases where parents got stuck with paying for masters degrees & PHDs for spongers much older - but just as many where the parents gave some jerk kid a subsistence allowance and sent them off to a motel or YMCA.

And - just as some younger kids are emancipated - parents can also be emancipated from kids that the courts agree are worthless jerks.

I agree - what you paid for is yours - and something given to you as a gift is irrevocably yours . . . except House Rules: parents can still set rules for curfews, behavior, what is allowed in their home and what isn't

Whatever - no 17 year old "allows" a parent to do anything in the parents house . . . don't like it: get your dumb azz out of there and don't take anything that isn't yours. Good riddance.

1 year ago

I am a parent If my kids came home with things that are not suitable for them, I say hand it over,

they respect the house rules and hand it over immediately. without throwing a strop. if they did their mother will fall on them like ton of bricks.

• 1 year ago

Your parents raised a really great kid.

• K8
    1 year ago

If you are a kid living at home it's not your house. Your parents own it all.

If I was your parent and you hit me you would feel the pain of that choice, and I am not talking physical pain. I don't hit people unless defending myself.

When our kids were young and lived in our house everything they had was ours as their parents. We were responsible for them, 100% It's the way it works..

Since our kids were hard working in school and stayed out of serious trouble they were allowed quite a bit of freedom. We only had to take stuff every so often for various things. We always had real and educational consequences for the things the kids did that were not acceptable or good for them.

Hopefully you are a troll and not a thug kid. As a thug kid and then a thug adult your life will be horrible and you will spend a lot of time behind bars. Hopefully that's not what you choose.

Add - do you pay for rent, food, utilities, clothes, transportation, etc. If not you truly own nothing.

1 year ago

a thug hey