promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 year ago

Is it normal to be so hungry that you feel nauseous while dieting?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Try eliminating all preservatives. I found that helps me.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

Puking is part of any good diet plan.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

do you realize that you can eat an almost unlimited amount of raw or cooked vegetables that have very few calories? and i mean REAL vegetables, not the heavy starchy ones like corn and potatoes. wash some celery, zucchini, bell peppers, cucumbers, jicama and cut them up into sticks. throw in some baby carrots, green beans, mushrooms, cauliflower, radishes and put them in a ziplock to take with you. or have a tomato! veggies are the best thing for you, drink plenty of water with them and you'll be fresh and clean inside!

• 1 year ago

No that's a sign of low blood sugar and you need to eat something that will raise it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Ask your doctor.

• Logan
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

It is never normal to be so hungry you feel nauseous. It means you're starving your body. Dieting is not not eating. It's eating in balance all the things one needs for a healthy diet. Covering all vitamins needed and the energy intake needed to function. Learn to diet properly for yourself and never let yourself get like that, because after that is being so hungry you don't feel hungry and that's even worse because at that point its damaging to your organs if practised for extended periods of time.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

That's not dieting. That's stupidity. Dieting means eating healthy filling foods. At no time should you be hungry.

• ...Show all comments
    • Emily Rose
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Not all healthy food is filling and don't insult the asker with your nasty condescending responses.

• 1 year ago

Nausea can come about if some people don't have something sitting on their stomachs, especially if they have a history of eating a lot (i.e. the body expects something to be there, digesting). The nausea may or may not be a temporary discomfort in your attempt at dieting. Your stomach may eventually get 'trained' to understand that food won't sit there for it to digest. But, then again, it may not. To best cope with the 'hunger pangs' and 'nausea' feelings, make sure to add a lot of slowly-digesting fiber-rich foods into your diet. And....you probably heard this a thousand times by now on the internet.....drink plenty of water. The water acts as a weight on the stomach....giving it the feeling that there is something to digest.

Good luck on your diet.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It's normal for me. I hate that feeling.

• 1 year ago

Well everyone has different body sizes and needs different amounts of food. However, it might be seen as unhealthy, but then again it also might just mean that your diet isn't satisfying your needs quite well. If it worsens or if it really worries you, go see a doctor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.