Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

Would it be illegal to sell meatballs in a public park?

I have a truly delicious recipe from my grandmother, I was wondering, would it be illegal to sell meatballs. I was thinking about going to my park and selling them, they are delicious and amazing. Everyone loves my beatballs. Would that be illegal?

• Bob
    1 year ago

Yes it would be if you don't have a permit

• Vortex
    1 year ago

You would need a permit to sell in the park, a health department certificate and insurance. There may be other requirements that escape me at the moment. I would try to interest a company or restaurant that already sells food items in buying the recipe.

• 1 year ago

What's required depends on your local laws, so Yahoo is probably not the best source of complete and correct information. Call your city health department to start with - if these meatballs are that good, it would be a worthy investment to do it the legal way.

• 1 year ago

In the US, you need a license to sell food to begin with, and would also need a permit to sell in the park

1 year ago

LOL this is a good one.

• 1 year ago

You would probably need to get a permit to be a street vendor of any kind. Working as a street vendor in California requires a license for selling food and a license for your mobile food unit as well.

• 1 year ago

Yes. All sorts of permits are required to sell food to the public.

• 1 year ago

Yes. To sell food, you must have a permit or license to do that. You may need a commercial kitchen. And you definitely need a way to keep them at the right temperature so that bacteria don't grow.

• 1 year ago

The answer people get is usually for something like that you have to get a permit from the city or town.hall.

• 1 year ago

No I would