How much privacy do you/would you allow your 14 year old kid to have?

I’m 14 and I’m just asking this question because I sometimes think my parents are a little overprotective. I don’t have a door on my bedroom, my parents come into my bedroom whenever they want and say that nothing I keep in my bedroom is “private”, my parents read all my text messages and my parents check my... show more I’m 14 and I’m just asking this question because I sometimes think my parents are a little overprotective. I don’t have a door on my bedroom, my parents come into my bedroom whenever they want and say that nothing I keep in my bedroom is “private”, my parents read all my text messages and my parents check my computer activity all time. The only thing I have that my parents have promised not to read is my journal. I would get it if I was always doing things I’m not supposed to, but I really don’t do much. My parents have never found anything I’m my text messages or my computer history or my room. Is this just what’s normal or are my parents over the top a bit?