Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 8 months ago

Who would win in a fight a polar bear or a grizzly?

Polar is the most powerful predator known. I ❤ them btw but I get along with all bears although I know they are supposedly dangerous. I just don't know what makes them want me to adopt them. I find them so sweet. Honestly the ones I came across were like live teddy bears. I'm going to miss them a lot.

close fight and I can see this going either way , but I think the polar bear would win , he is larger (not by much) , has a stronger bite force and should be heavier in most cases , however this would definitely be a close match and both animals would probably die of injury afterwards

I'll go with the polar bear who hunt larger prey than grizzlies.

They are both related -- the polar is larger, but not as aggressive.

They wouldn't fight, they would f$ck.

• Ray

Depends on the individual bears gameness and size. But the primed polar bear is worse then the primed grizzly. Polar bears tends to have a height, reach and mass advantage, there are also no greens where polar bears win :L

They have been isolated from humans for a long time, so they don't have too much of a reputation with humans, but believe me they can be ferocious.

It depends on the individual. The bigger bear does not always win. Sometimes a smaller but more feisty one will win. A feisty but smaller mother bear can "win" against a bigger male. Most of the time, individuals in the wild won't fight because fights can cause damage to both. They will display to each other, and usually one of them backs down. If neither one backs down then a fight may happen, and the loser usually runs away before serious injury happens.

Depends solely upon the Temperature of the Room at the Time.

• Wilson

It would be a tie

Because the polar bear would get hungry and go looking for a Klondike bar

And

The Grizzly would get bored and go Salmon fishing in the nearest river.