Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 year ago

Should I leave crawl space vents closed throughout the year if I have vapor barrier installed?

I have vapor barrier installed and I was wondering if so could just leave the crawl space vents closed all the time? Or should I still follow the Open during summer and close during winter?

• 1 year ago

You should NEVER close the vents, PERIOD.

• 1 year ago

the way I was taught, vents are needed year round. Where is the vapor barrier? [Mine is under the rafters and above the ceiling.]

1 year ago

Open all year long. The vents let out the moisture that is in the wood all year long. If you block the vents then you get BLACK MOLD IN THE WOOD and now you really got a problem. The vent sizes have in fact gotten larger in newer houses as they were not large enough. Instead of having 2 roof vents from 1975 I have 6 when the roof was reshingled. More is better. I live in snow country every winter.

1 year ago

CACA POO POO