How to tell my mum and doctor that I shave my pubic hair?

So tomorrow, I have a doctors appointment. I always shave my pubic area, my mum was mad at me for the last time I did it, but it just makes me feel itchy and not clean. When I go to the doctors, they always check down there. The doctor will obviously say something, do I just say “it makes me feel not clean and it’s itchy”? Because I don’t want to get yelled at.

• 1 year ago

if I were u I would say that I feel better and more clean when shaving my pubic hair off and also that ur mom should not yell at u for shaving ur pubic hair off IF ITS UR BODY

1 year ago

You don’t have to explain or justify anything to anyone.

What you do with that part of your body is your personal, private business and none of anyone elses’ business.

If that’s what you feel comfortable with then that’s great, more power to you.

I’m the same exact way. If I don’t shave it, itches. So I have been shaving mine since middle school. I’m sure a lot of women are that way also.

Just say something along the lines of “it makes me feel most comfortable to shave it because it gets itchy.” If your doctor or mom says anything. Though I doubt the doctor will even notice or say anything about it.

Your body, your pubic hair, your choice.

Nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. Don’t worry.

• Jose
    1 year ago

Why on earth do you remove your pubic hair?

• Mystic

It's called PERSONAL CHOICE/PREFERENCE. You can shave it completely bare, simply "trim up" and leave a little hair, or do absolutely nothing at all and leave things "natural". It's all up to YOU, no one else.

• 1 year ago

I'm a doctor and neither I nor any other of my colleagues care or will say anything to you about your shaving. Go to the doctor, take care of business and don't worry about that.

Your mum, other the other hand is your problem. Unless you tell her, how is she going to find out?

• 1 year ago

I doubt that the doctor will mention it. It is a very common thing. Don't worry about it.

• Mystic
    1 year ago

It isn't anyone's business.

• 1 year ago

No need to tell anyone. Its your private area. do as you pleased.

• alan P
    1 year ago

It's very common for young women to remove their pubic hair and the doctor is hardly going to be surprised or make any comment. If you are old enough to have pubic hair your mother can stay in the waiting room. What are you going to the doctor's for? If you have a throat problem they are not going to look at your vulva.

• GEEGEE
    1 year ago

Your mother does not need to know. Not her business. The doctor doesn't need to be told either. He'll see that the hair has been removed. No reason for you to explain or him to comment.

• 1 year ago

Is your mom going back there with you? I would just ask the doctor not to say anything. I don't know if they can/can't do that but you could at least ask. Its your body and once you start shaving yea you definitely don't want to stop because it is a pain.