Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 year ago

Was this offensive?

I told my friend I'm 24 and I never had a boyfriend or been kissed. I told him I don't plan on ever getting married, having sex, or having kids. He said, "Well then, have you ever considered becoming a nun? Nuns don't get married, have sex, have boyfriends, or have kids."

1 year ago

Neither do asexuals generally so just tell him you're not religiously inclined and be done with him.

1 year ago

If you sense that it’s offensive it’s a good indication that this particular relationship is not going to work out for you. Use your intuition, God gave it to you for a reason

1 year ago

No, you're way too sensitive

• 1 year ago

no

your choosing to reveal such a personal but extreme position was just as rude or not rude... If you were trying to shock him YOU DID and I believe that is your entire point.

while the plan you have is not wrong,, it is not a admirable place either

IT JUST IS

and I am considering he was getting fond of you and this was your way of rejection to him

thinking you were letting him down... IF so I can appreciate there is no good way to let someone down

you will need to find someone else to hang out with -- not to make a big deal about it

his remark was a attempt at humorous defensive act to the pain you caused to him

--------------

nuns do preform great acts to human kind a admirable needed position - and I am not a Christian of any kind .. I still admire them

• 1 year ago

Thats too strange to do nothing for living better

• e9601:
    1 year ago

Not offensive to me, but only you can answer that question.

• 1 year ago

It is possible your friend thought he was being funny or sarcastic, and he assumed you would automatically pick up on his thinking. Only you can know how this comment impacted on you. If you found this offensive, that feeling is valid for you.

1 year ago

No. I don't think so

• JJ
    1 year ago

It was offensive. who is he to say what you should become. you should have replied by saying, you make a good comedian.

• 1 year ago

i dont think so, he was just rnaking a point

1 year ago

you sure you're not already a nun?