Baby Names: Just by reading it, how would you pronounce the name "Jakobe"?

Would you pronounce it: a. JAY-kub b. jay-KŌB (with a long O) c. JACK-uh-bee d. juh-KŌ-bee e. other ______ PLEASE COME UP WITH YOUR ANSWER BEFORE CONTINUING. ------------------------------- The reason I'm asking is I want the name of a character in a short story I'm writing to be pronounced like d... show more Would you pronounce it:

a. JAY-kub
b. jay-KŌB (with a long O)
c. JACK-uh-bee
d. juh-KŌ-bee
e. other ______

PLEASE COME UP WITH YOUR ANSWER BEFORE CONTINUING.

-------------------------------

The reason I'm asking is I want the name of a character in a short story I'm writing to be pronounced like d above, but I'm not sure how to spell it to make sure by reading it only, one would naturally know how to say it. I want it to be intuitive and not belabor the story with some device or scheme to explicate how it's pronounced.

So, if your first instinct WASN'T d, how would you spell it to get the pronunciation of d? I thought of Jacoby, but I'm not sure that's any better. I also want his mom to call him Kobe, like how Kobe Bryant pronounces it, but all his friends to call him Jack.

The name is key to the story because he runs into a man from his mom's past that has that as his last name, which, with some other things, causes him to question his paternity, whether his dad's his dad.

Another concern is rooted in the character being just a regular, present-day, white kid in his sophomore year at state college, meaning I want a name that's contemporary but that doesn't sound not-white, like I don't want it sounding foreign or ethnic as he being a cookie-cutter, middle-working-class, white Anglo-Saxon Protestant from the burbs is essential to the story, too.

So, your input on how to spell the name to mentally evoke the desired pronunciation and background would be appreciated.