What do you use to clean water around sink?

Kind of a silly question maybe, I’m living alone for the first time and after I wash my face water is building up behind the faucet. What do you suggest I clean it up with? I don’t want to keep using toilet paper, I don’t want to use my hand towels or regular towel... washcloth or dishcloth?

• Jim
    1 year ago

I use a washcloth weekly, then throw into wash!

Reusable, it works great, and weekly is enough as water evaporates.

If it bothers you, get one rag (like a red shop rag) to use daily, and hang inside cabinet door, or throw into laundry.

I use a little bathroom spray (Lsol/Clorox, etc) and a rag weekly and find that's enough.

Source(s): Amazon ASIN B01BJJ3EAI is an example for cheap, and you can get different colors!
  • 1 year ago

Sponge kept under the sink just for such things. Let it dry on the sink first.

• Mark
    1 year ago

A paper towel or sponge. Do you want to know something else, perhaps "how do I get out of the rain?"

• 1 year ago

I like to use a microfiber towel in a size of about 12x12" or 12 x16. They soak up a lot of water fast, and they dry quickly if you hang them. Also good for wiping out the sink.

• 1 year ago

Use a sponge and then dry with a paper towel.

• 1 year ago

Sponge.

1 year ago

sponge is easiest. Like you get for washing dishes.

But if the water is not from you splashing but the faucet leaking, the faucet need to be fixed. If you rent, then all you have to do is inform the landlord of the problem. You can easily figure out if that is the case by running the faucet and looking if water accumulates without you doing anything.

• 1 year ago

First, I am assuming that you mean that water is coming out of the base of the faucet or a handle; and you are not a slob who is sloshing water all over the sink. (If you are a slob, change the way you wash your face.)

Your faucet has a leak, and it should be repaired. In the meantime, use paper towels, or a rag to clean up the mess.

• 1 year ago

It's convenient to keep a washcloth under the sink just for that purpose.

Excess water tends to humidify the bathroom and attract mold, so it's certainly advisable to keep the room dry.

• 1 year ago

Sponge?