promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
eng asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 year ago

Too late to add antivirus to laptop when hackers and viruses are infected into your laptop or is it never too late?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Shon
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

Never you can still install it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

You should never run a PC w/o an antivirus and an inactive firewall. I have both Windows and a Mac and both have an antivirus and the firewall enabled. When Chromebook needs them,in they'll go. Get an anti-virus,an anti-malware and enable your firewall. Good free anti-virus are Bitdefender,Panda Security,360 Security,Avast,Avira,AVG,Sophos Home,and Kaspersky. For an anti-malware SUPERANti-spyware or Malwarebytes. Firewall,either the built in Windows firewall,ZoneAlarm,or Comodo free firewall.

• 1 year ago

Agree to save data it is seldom too late unless you have ransomware

if you have no data to save not really a issue

but to do it correct as Bill-M said ,, total clean hard drive and reload everything

if your cleaning delete corrupted files at times there are small files lost you may need here and there -- only real way is reload

• 1 year ago

Well.... it can be too late. After the malware has infected your pc- you have a lot of work to clean it up- then install a good anti-malware.

But wait?....there "may" be another solution for you-

Ask yourself- "Do I REALLY need windows"?

If yes- then keep looking for a good anti-virus software.

If no- then consider one of the Linux OS's (distros). I got tired of fighting viruses way back in 2008, so I tried Ubuntu Linux. It was so easy that I never looked back. I have upgraded to newer versions every 2-3 years and eventually switched to Linux Mint. I have not had any malware issues- or any other issues now in 11 years.

Its easy and its free.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • SRΛSC
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Never too late imo.

• Ron75
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Try installing a good one and if it will let you install it use that virus program to scan you computer and it should at least pick up what virus you have. If it can't remove it go to that companies website and most of the better ones have special free programs that you can download to remove specific viruses. Otherwise formatting the disk and reloading a clean load of the OS is about your only choice. After that run an anti virus program all the time. And make a mirror image back up of your system on an external drive every few weeks.

Ron

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

when ur infected, viruses often wont let you install an antivirus. You have to try installing one to find out if its too late or not. If you are able to then chances are the infection isnt that bad yet

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If your PC is badly infected then the sure fire way to fix it, is to clean install the Operating System.

• 1 year ago

It is never too late.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.