How can I move large or fragile or heavy items form the attic?

I am an old woman living alone and I want to get things out of the attic for our upcoming community-wide garage sale. I have a large trunk and a 6 foot long dressing mirror to move. The attic stairs are narrow and slippery and I am not very strong. I can't find anyone that's willing to help me.

1 year ago

You are going to have to pay someone unless you know someone from the community wide garage sale that has capable boys/men to lift that down for you and they may volunteer for the sale to load stuff into buyers cars. There are ALWAYS PEOPLE LIKE THAT who can help in most cases.

• 1 year ago

get a hammer hit the roof until the roof collapse and the attick is now on the floor

it might take you a week to make a decent size hole with a hammer but with a lot of hammers anyone even a grandma can do it

• 1 year ago

get a professional mover they are the best recconmendation

• Sparky
    1 year ago

Ask the people organising the community garage sale if they can help out, or ask around for somebody that can.

You could also put an ad online in a local website or a poster on a local community notice-board

• ?
    1 year ago

Its hard for trolls to find help and why are you trying to trick boys into coming into your house... Stop trolling for teens you old cougar...

• y
    1 year ago

Teens in the area.

• Poppy
    1 year ago

Call your church or local Boy Scouts troop.

• drip
    1 year ago

Hire it done. Try Two Men and a truck.

• 1 year ago

just hire sorneone to do it

• 1 year ago

Even if I had a hand truck, I don't have the strength to use it on stairs.

• Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

you will HAVE TO HIRE SOMEONE. no one you know wants to do it, that's their prerogative... it's a dangerous and thankless JOB. so what you will have to do is to HIRE someone, probably from a moving company. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY... HIRE SOMEONE. YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THEM TO DO THIS LOUSY JOB.