17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Yes.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Banana
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

yes. But if you want to do it traditionally it may be harder and if you self publish, ie pay to publish a lot of people, even in here especially will make you feel bad about it.

• 1 year ago

You can. Whether you should is another matter.

• 1 year ago

It is certainly possible. But the fact that it happens so very seldom, and is always a huge selling point when it does happen, shows how unlikely you are to succeed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Age doesn't matter. The WRITING quality of the book is the key thing.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Yes. Christopher Paolini wrote Eragon when he was only nine years old.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

It's been done before but not very often. This is because it can take years for you to "perfect" your craft. Life experience isn't really an issue. I doubt Stephen King knew what it was like to be a sixteen year old girl with powers, unless he did his leg work. Imagination is more vital so I wouldn't worry about that.

But why do you want to publish so young? What's wrong with your 30's or 40's? It's unlikely you'd get very famous but what if you did? Could you handle that at your age? Do you have parents that know the business?

If not I would wait. Take this time to learn and improve. The slow way is often the fast way.

All the best

• 1 year ago

Yes. The editors look at the manuscript long before they look at the writer. However, the odds are against getting published, no matter how old you are.

• 1 year ago

Yes and no. As a minor, you cannot legally enter into a publishing contract, including the contract for self-publishing. So a parent or guardian would have to sign on your behalf.

The other drawback is somewhat more hurtful, in that nearly all young people, including the bright, creative, insightful good writers among them, lack the life experience needed to write a good book.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be writing books now. It means you should be writing them as a way to master the craft, not with the goal of publication.

Yes, of course there are exceptional young writers whose work was commercially viable at an early age. (Don't anybody say Christopher Paolini, who had scads of parental help.) But are you that rare young writer? I'm sure you'd love to be, but you're probably not.

Lv 7
    1 year ago

Yes. Jyoti Guptara became a full-time novelist at age 18. He dropped out of school at the age of 15 to become a full-time writer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.