Will my bird survive with a prolapsed cloaca?

Sadly, my pet bird Marshmallow did not survive. At first, she had some red thing coming out of her rear. We could not take her to the vet because it was 11 at midnight, so we took her to the vet the next day. They charged us $150, and DID A HORRIBLE JOB. She died one day later. My daughter was crying all night about her. So no, your bird may not survive with a prolapsed cloaca.

1 year ago

Ooo, ouch, bless it.

Not a clue. But a vet is the person to ask. And immediately, that sounds potentially fatal. As is an untreated vaginal or rectal prolapse in humans.

• 1 year ago

Your bird can die. Swollen tissue can die, bird cant poop. MORE INTERNAL TISSUE CAN DIE. They have 1 hole. Bird can die a horrible death. That needs to be seen in hours not days. I have parrots. You dont want your bird dying bc you did nothing. Get bird to vet ASAP!!!

• Silvia1 year agoReport

I DID do something. I took her to the vet the same day for surgery, but she passed away one day later. The vet charged us $150 for the useless surgery. There was NO WAY to save her.

• 1 year ago

Gtased

• blank
    1 year ago

I would contact a vet.

No one can give you a direct answer due to the fact that only a vet cab tell you after they look at your bird.

But from what I understand it is painful for a bird . I would get it treated right away.

• 1 year ago

It can be painful if left untreated. While the area itself can be surgically reconstructed, an infection could spread to vital parts and kill the bird.

• Lôn
    1 year ago

Ask your vet...

• 1 year ago

My parakeet started having it yesterday, but we couldn't take her anywhere since it was very late at night. We are gonna take her to the vet since its morning now.