Running a half marathon despite some fallbacks?

As of now, I can run 8 miles before I hit the wall and plateau. I've been running 4 years and only recently upped my mileage to test my endurance. I feel I have potential to do a half marathon and really challenge my passion - but I'm having issues with my leg and foot the past month which makes me... show more As of now, I can run 8 miles before I hit the wall and plateau. I've been running 4 years and only recently upped my mileage to test my endurance.
I feel I have potential to do a half marathon and really challenge my passion - but I'm having issues with my leg and foot the past month which makes me question the condition my body will be in when I DO train for a half.
I've been to a dr and go to physical therapy and it's just my tendons that need to heal. I got on short runs, strength train and stretch a lot and take anti- inflammatories so I'm taking all the precautions I need to get my body back into tip top running shape.

My goal is to run a half next year, I"m just worried that I'll commit to it and push myself and then find some other phsyical ailment or challenge that prevents me from going forward with it.
I know all runners have their blips in training and I want to give my body a break so it's at its best.
Any advice for planning for a half even though my physical debacles are seemingly getting in the way?
1 answer 1