Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 8 months ago

Are wifi extenders worth it?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Best answer

They are not worth it when you can buy access points and get full wifi performance with much better coverage for the same price! Wires to those units assure full speeds just like the original router.

• 6 months ago

Depends on what you require. If you have a large property they may be worth it, if its a small property you may get good results just getting a better router than the sometimes crappy one your isp provides.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

yes. I have one and it works great.

• 8 months ago

WiFi is slow from PC to Hub. Bad coverage mean retries by the PC / Laptop. I personally use ethernet over the electrical sockets and this is faster and you can move them round the house when you feel like it something like - read https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • PP4865
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Before investing in an extender due to poor connecting issues, check out or purchase a new router. That’s what worked for me when my wifi wouldn’t stay connected.

• 8 months ago

If you have a really big house you're going to need Wi-Fi extenders because the router doesn't make it all the way to the back of the house in some of those big houses so you get a Wi-Fi extender and you put the Wi-Fi extender halfway in the middle of the house. You want it close enough to the router so that it's getting a good signal. And then you transmit and receive to the nearest Wi-Fi extender. And yes that's system works properly if you have it set up properly like I just said. you don't put the Wi-Fi extender in the same room where you're trying to connect to the Wi-Fi you put the Wi-Fi extender about halfway between you and the router what you're doing is extending the routers power so that it stays at its full power me I just go buy a hundred feet of ethernet wire for $35 and run the wire underneath the house or in the Attic and hardwire it to the back of the router and then drop it down in the room where the computer is that's far better for less money.

• P
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

These days WIFI extenders offer more of the tech equivalent of a duct tape solution. You need to look at a "Mesh" wifi system to solve your issues. They are more expensive, but for something you rely on every day it's worth the investment.

• 8 months ago

You have to see that for yourself to know that.

• 8 months ago

depends on the quality

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

some work only 20 ft but some better ones get improved range distance

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.