Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelNepal · 8 months ago

Why are Bradley Wiggins and Alex Ferguson Sirs?

A French person would not be awarded by their government for cycling the UK

Many football mangers have won titles

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

What does it mean today? Nothing. They give SIR titles to anyone today.

• 7 months ago

Everything that has to do with the fake qeendomship has its price tag.

• 8 months ago

There are many 'Sirs' people don't feel warrant this but presumably those who matter felt they did, for services rendered in their particular sport, so that's that. Who cares really? Some might feel that same with Andy Murry, who himself said he felt it was premature (but still accepted the honour!).

• Katie
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

They financially paid for them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because they were knighted. Someone (probably several people) proposed their names to the honours committee and they were accepted in recognition of their services to sport.

Honours can be declined if the person so wishes. Kier Starmer professes not to like to be called Sir Kier, yet accepted the honour.

• Clo
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

https://www.gov.uk/honours explains nominations. The asker is anti-monarchy and uses Answers to post negative things that overlook facts.

• 8 months ago

Alex Ferguson achieved a lot more than the numerous anonymous Civil Servants given the award!

He managed a national team, he won the Scottish Leage, he won mayn things in England, he managed his team successfully in Europe. He brought a lot of colour and entertainment to football.

I think he was a cheat and I was sometimes not keen on the guy, but I've got to credit what he did - I've since realised that his non-football persona is probably different to his career behaviour.

Source(s): Brad Wiggins is a bit excessive, cycling is too dodgy. It's like giving an award to Snoop Dogg
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

you wanted inequality, royalty and class structure, the strategy is to enforce the game

not rocket science

i will bet shallow conservatives will kow tow to a peer or royalty

• 8 months ago

Sure they would. Lots of sportspeople have been awarded the Légion d'Honneur.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

True. See under "Membership" on the site below and then under "French Nationals": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Honour

• 8 months ago

Ed Sheeran is one for no reason

• Dayton JC4PM
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

it says he holds an MBE - an MBE would be given often to a successful entertainer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.